Job Title: Members Engagement Volunteer
Department: Membership and Community Building
Location: Garowe, (Or Remotely)
Reports to: Membership Engagement Officer
General Position Summary
Hawa Feminist Coalition is a non-governmental and non-profit feminist organization founded by young women and girls all under the age of 35 in 2018 as the first feminist-led movement in Somalia committed to promoting the safety, equality, justice, rights, and dignity of young women and girls in Somalia. Hawa Feminist Coalition was founded to mobilize and connect young women and girls to build strong and visible collective strength that can work toward achieving a country where women and girls are valued as equal beings among members of the community, enjoy all their rights on an equal footing with others, and live in dignity in Somalia.
Hawa Feminist Coalition is a membership-based movement with overall 200 young feminist activists and other young women activists based throughout Somalia. These members are united in feminist solidarity and all connected through an online community platform where they meet, connect, discuss and address the most pressing issues in solidarity and collectively to achieve a common vision.
Hawa Feminist Coalition is looking for a young volunteer who has a strong interest in connecting and engaging young feminists in order to mobilize strong feminist movement to act together for social change. The position is a voluntary and will manage the members engagement plans.
Areas of Responsibilities / Functions
- Manage and be responsible for firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox, as well as responding to mails addressed to this email.
- Responsible for keeping and maintaining the membership related forms, documents and policies also vital information for the new members, for example automated messaging, updated and current.
- Assist the Membership Engagement Officer with responding to member queries and requests, and
- membership verification and vetting, communication with new members on the process, forms and other important membership policies and procedures.
- Support members with all regular transaction processes across all stages of their onboarding and development as per Hawa Feminist Coalition’s membership policy.
- Keep and maintain members registers and records as well as other member registration platforms.
- Manage and be responsible the online community engagement platforms such as “Young Feminist Activists WhatsApp Group” and “Young Feminist Activists Slack Group”.
- Help members in addition to the online community engagement platforms, particularly new members joining the movement.
- Facilitate connections and learning among the members, and also connecting the members one and another in the respective areas.
- Summarize, translate and share the opportunities such as grants, trainings, workshops, scholarships, fellowships and so on with members through the online community engagement platforms (WhatsApp, Slack or emails)
- Young woman aged between 18-30
Education, Language & Qualifications
- Diplomas/degrees in the following disciplines will be considered, although they are not mandatory for this position: international relations, marketing, ICT and so on.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication in English; additional language capacity
Essential, Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills
- Commitment to Hawa Feminist Coalition’s vision, mission, values and ways of working
- Good knowledge of feminism, feminist leadership and movements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, work under pressure and multi-tasking
- Computer and internet proficiency, including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Demonstrated ability of how to use, manage and work on the online community engagement platforms such as WhatsApp, Slack and also online meeting platforms such as Zoom, Team, Google Meet and so on.
- Experience with community building and member engagement or how to engage large members
- Experience supporting the organisation of virtual convenings, such as webinars and online trainings
How to Apply
All interested young women are encouraged to apply for this voluntary position advertised. Send your application and updated CV to this email on or before October 25, 2023:
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 25 October 2023